2.19.2010

Valentine's Poetry 2010


Madeline held two crucial roles in the 2010 debut performance of the Blind Tiger Dames presents Du Val De Vire. She was the puppetier's monkey and she was the evening's poet. She penned all of the Valentine's and worked late into the evening with her mother printing, cutting, folding and sealing all 332 cards.
In the end, there were eight different poems offered that evening... enjoy!



No. 1
Their love sways in the dark evening breeze
upon their clothesline, waiting
just waiting

No. 2
I do not love thus who save me,
but those who deliver me to a dream in which
I can share in the glory

No. 3
set free
two love birds
forth unto
the sun sets
of the everlasting evening

No. 4
We sway like birds
that have taken themselves
to a field to watch the sunset
in a delicate way

No. 5
Take me under thy wing and
show me the love for I am lonely,
but I soon love again.

No. 6
As the setting sun awaits the vast
evenings arrival the roses sigh happy
forgetting the sadness
for the happiness regained.

No. 7
Love can linger like chocolate
on ones tongue, can linger like
two doves in a peach tree, forgetting
our worries, but reading our own fantasy.

No. 8
The ballet dancer twirls in
remembrance of the days she
spent sadly, for now she has found
love once again.

2 comments: